Lights, Camera, Action
Join us for an interactive evening of future visioning and insight sharing as part of Ready Set Wilmette, The Village of Wilmette’s Comprehensive Plan. The Kick-Off Community Open House + Wilmette Talk #1 will take place on Thursday, November 11th from 6 to 8 pm at the Community Recreation Center Auditorium; 3000 Glenview Road in Wilmette, IL. Special thanks to our friends at the Park District for hosting! Please review the health and safety guidelines below.
The evening will include an introductory presentation of the project and process … we’ll then dive into the “Fall Setlist of Plan Themes” to spark insights and input on future priorities related to community character; arts, culture, and entertainment; and health, safety, and wellness. Where do opportunities exist? What can be improved? What future forces must we consider?
Virtual Open House
If you are unable to attend in-person or prefer to participate remotely, the session will be made available for virtual participation. The Virtual Open House will go live on Friday 11/12, following the in-person event. In the online RSVP form please note whether you plan to participate virtually, and be sure to subscribe for updates below. We will announce when the virtual open house goes live!
Health and Safety Guidelines
We look forward to making this a fun, interactive, and safe event for everyone! Please read the health and safety guidelines below before RSVP-ing.
- Virtual Participation: The event will be made available as a virtual session for anyone who is unable to attend or prefers to engage remotely.
- Face Masks: Face masks are required for all persons attending in-person and must be worn properly over the nose and mouth for the entirety of the event.
- Social Distancing: The auditorium is a large space with ample seating. The venue was selected to help ensure proper social distancing. Members of different households should allow for a minimum of 3-seats between other participants.
- Activities: Engagement activities are being planned such that they are interactive and draw on virtual resources / tools; there will be no shared materials. Please bring your smart phone or tablet.
- Clean Space: Hand sanitizer will be provided and the venue cleaned and sanitized prior to the event.
- Attendance: If you are under the weather or have traveled by plane within the last 14-days, please stay home and participate virtually.
To ensure social distancing and adequate spacing of folks, please RSVP to assist the team in planning the event in the safest possible manner. The auditorium is a large venue and was selected to ensure comfort and safety per social distancing guidelines.
Help Get The Word Out
Did you know ‘word of mouth’ is one of the best ways to increase participation and involvement? True story. Help engage your neighbors and friends by letting them know what’s up. Copy and paste the following sample post and marketing graphic to social media, next door, email, etc. to encourage others to take part in this community-inspired process and plan.
Sample Post Text
Hey Neighbors + Friends! What are your priorities for our community’s future? What goals and actions would you like to see take root? Join us on Thursday, November 11th from 6-8pm at the Community Recreation Center for an Open House as part of Ready Set Wilmette, the Village of Wilmette’s Comprehensive Plan. Visit http://www.ReadySetWilmette.com to subscribe for email updates, share input, and mark your calendars!
Add Your Ideas to the Mix
Great insights are streaming in via the comment map and ideas wall. View and add your input to the mix by clicking below. And stay tuned… our very first community poll is coming soon!